Sunday, January 27, 2013

Old Witch of Khador

Finished this one up as a commission for a local. It just so happens to be the third time I have painted this duo, so I cant say I was terribly enthused about it. But I pushed through(eventually) and got em done.

 More pics after the jump.......


You may have noticed that the crows are missing from Scrapjack......Well, in moment of what I thought was clarity, I decided to leave them off for ease of handling while painting. The first times I had painted these, I glued them on and tried to work around them, which lead to headaches of knocking them off constantly and slathering the wrong colors of paint on them with an errant brush stroke.

This time however, I did not glue them on and apparently lost them in the jungle of a mess called my paint room! The search continues!

Thanks for checking these out, let me know what you think!



6 comments:

  1. I love the white and read combo on them, I keep thinking I want to play Khador with the Old Witch but my wallet keeps saying no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teach that wallet who's boss, and go get some Khadorans!

      Delete
  2. Nice work on these buddy. I like how you threw some high contrast colors in the mix. Can't help but have bad flashbacks with these figs though. Not yours, just the figs in general.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have been trying to incorporate more contrasting colors as of late. Just a little color to make the eye wander the fig more.

      Delete
  3. Yeah bro! Totally dig these two... I think you have done a great job with the colors here as well my brotha.

    Need a good close up face shot, cause you did a sweet job getting the old lady face down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, sorta neglected that. :( I was pretty happy with the face and didn't even think of it come picture time.

      Delete