Sunday, August 12, 2012

Of Beast and Man Pt 3

In this edition of Beast and Man, I'm going to show you guys how I did the fur. I decided to try something different and what I hope will be unique. In the Forces of Warmachine: Retrubution of Scyrah book, there's a guide for painting platinum blonde hair. While I didn't quite get it to look like the book, I think I punched out a unique look.
Here were the steps I took:

  1. Basecoat of Menoth White + Trollblood Highlight
  2. Add Turquoise Ink to previous mix and shade. 
  3. Shade with Bastion Grey
  4. Highlight with basecoat + Menoth White Highlight. 

I think the problem that I had was putting too much of Steps 2 & 3. The shades are supposed to go into the crevices between the strands of hair, and I don't believe that I did it right. The final highlight saved the fur I think, showing off the strands of fur. While not quite how I had thought it would go, I like what I ended up with. I'm not sure what my fellow bloggers are doing for their beastmen, but I hope that Sir Goat stands out. Until next time.


2 comments:

  1. Another great blogpost Will. The fur looks really nice. Great to see you cranking this guy out so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice work on the beast. You are rolling along.

    ReplyDelete