Saturday, August 11, 2012

Of Beast and Man Pt 2

The first part of my beastman (who henceforth shall be known as Sir Goat), was the flesh, which I would imagine would be the first step for a lot of models. For me, I've found that it's easiest to start with the flesh because often times it's the most difficult to reach, and could easily ruin some good work on clothing and whatnot. The first set of pictures here is the basecoat and the first layers of shading.
  • Colors used: 
  • Base: Midlund Flesh + Gun Corp Brown 
  • First Shade: Base + Skorne red 
  • Final Shade: Previous Mix + Thornwood Green + Battledress Green


Here's Sir Goat with the flesh all highlighted and pimped out. With my newly learned knowledge of blending thanks to the Animantarix, I came to a result that I'm satisfied with. I'm not sure if the pictures illustrate the end result very well, but viewed in person you can see it much better, as what tends to happen. Note: If this mix seems familiar in any way, I'm actually using PG's Tharn Flesh guide that's illustrated better in the Forces of Hordes: Circle of Orboros book. Seriously, those painting guides are fancy and helpful and great.

  • Colors Used:
  • First Highlight: Gun Crop Brown + GW Elf Flesh
  • Final Highlight: Same as above, but a 2:1 ratio of Elf Flesh to GC Brown 
So there we go, the first touches of paint for Sir Goat. At the time of this post, I've actually gotten more done on Sir Goat, but I'm going to separate this into several parts, basically every step of the process, following a format similar to this. Till next time folks.

2 comments:

  1. Will! That skin is excellent. And the write up is great! Look at Sir Goat... will he be the first of the herd to be completed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Impressive painting ang writing there Journeyman!

    ReplyDelete