The colors went something like this, originally: Blue, purple, brown, orange. I was doing all right blending the first three colors, but I was having some major trouble blending the orange and brown. I think this was because I wasn't supposed to be blending orange and brown together. I found a picture of a blue to orange gradient, and it seemed like there was brown. So, to reduce stress, I decided to blend the brown into P3 Coal Black. I was much happier with the results, and it's whats shown. Here's some photos of the finished model:
Some other notes:
- I should get a light box pretty soon.
- Another color I love doing is the leather, usually the one outlined in the Forces: Cygnar book. Once all the steps are done, it creates a nice contrast between all the bits of leather. I believe this is due in part to the final shading being mostly P3 Brown Ink, which is pretty dark. I used this process on the scabbard. All the other leather bits are outlined in the Forces: Trollbloods book. (There's a misprint. When it says Bootstrap Brown, it means Bootstrap Leather. Took me forever to figure that out).
Till next time, folks!