Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My first... Demo Table!!

One of the things I enjoy most about this hobby is the chance to try new painting techniques, games, lists, terrain techniques... generally I like to try new "things". This means that at least every other week or so I am doing something for the first time. So I've decided to do a recurring article that focuses on these activities whatever they may be.
The first set of posts will most likely be related to today's. My First Demo Table!
It begins...


As  a local PG for Privateer Press I often find myself running demos for long periods of time. Large 4x4 table are not ideal for these games and often require me to stand when there are perfectly good chairs within arms reach. I also find myself running demos on kitchen tables and various other "plain Jane" tables that just don't have the cinematic flavor you are looking for in demo games.
Now that I have babbled enough on why I wanted one, let's get into how I made it. First of course you cut the wood. I cannot wait until I have enough space for a table saw, cause my jigsaw can't make straight cuts to save my life! I had a left over piece of 1/4 inch MDF about  2 foot by 3 foot, so I chopped it down to 2x2 and used some scraps of an old pallet to create a box to attach the board to.
After that it is an easy process of using the nail gun to connect the two.
Next time we'll go into how to base the table... as soon as I figure out what style I want to do... any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment